Happy October! Today, I wanted to do something a little different. As someone who is a book blogger, I am often asked what was the last thing I read or what I am currently reading/enjoying. I do write posts called What I Read as a break down of books I read at the end of each month, but it has come to my attention that I actually never take the time to write about books that are taking up room on my nightstand. I wanted to share about the books that I am currently spend time with as the weather fluctuates here in California. It’s Autumn one day, and Summer the next! OYE! I just want it to be cold so I have an excuse to say inside, drink tea, and read all day. Ok rant over: here is a glimpse at my newest obsessions. Enjoy! Please let me know if you are reading any of theses or have read them and your thoughts:
- Dead Presidents: An American Adventure into the Strange Deaths and Surprising Afterlives of our Nation’s Leaders – Nonfiction, History: It was fitting for the current season the US. Really Interesting read so far!
- Jane Steel – YA, Classic Adaptation: Retelling of Jane Eyre if she was a serial killer, and it is so freakin good! Half way through and will most likely finish this by the weekend!
- The Night Circus – Fantasy: Because why not, it’s The Night Circus.
- The Witches – Nonfiction, History: It’s October and I wanted to have something on my bedside that was “Halloween” themed without it being scary, since can’t handle horror novels. I am total weak sauce. It’s dense but really good so far!
- A Court of Mist & Fury – Fantasy, YA: I really want to read this, but I am holding off for some reason. It will happen.. in the future. When? Who Knows.
- Liar, Temptress, Soldier & Spy – Nonfiction, History: Very detailed but an interesting take on women during the Civil War. So good!
- Winter – YA, Fantasy: I can’t bring myself to finish this book. It is that heartbreaking reality that once I finish this book, the series is over and I am not just not ready.
- My Lady Jane – Historical Fiction: I haven’t started this one yet, but I am so excited to!
- Why not Women? – Nonfiction, Christian: A friend bought me this book, and it is about women leaders in the Church and the struggles we face. Will get around to reading this in the near future!
So that is it! For Kindle I am re-reading Anonymous which talks about Jesus’ anonymous years before he went into his ministry, and The Corner Bookstore which is about a girl who runs a bookstore out of her van in rural Scotland; she is living my dream life. There is a little bit of everything in this pile, but Nonfiction, History and Fantasy are the front-runners. Are you surprised? Yeah, I didn’t think so. What books are you currently reading and enjoying? Would love to hear about your current favorites!
PS – The Picture is definitely not my bed room. HA!