“April showers, bring May follows”, and the weather in California is all over the place. From cold Autumn weather during the week to summer sunshine on the weekends, no one is quite sure what is happening at the moment. But what has happened is, I have bought quiet a few books, mainly for school which isn’t too exciting, however I still wanted to show them incase anyone was interested. I magically managed to finish 4 books this month! WHAAATT?! I mean, there are so many new, cool books coming out that I can’t help myself with diving into what is being sent to me. I have been holding off on reading certain books till the summer time, and to enjoy over vacation but that hasn’t lessened by joy of all the new titles coming out. Ok, no more darling, on to the list:
- Sex, Jesus, and the Conversations the Church Forgot by Mo Isom (School)
- I Feel Bad about my Neck by Nora Ephron
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston
- The Unhurried Leader by Alan Fadling (School)
- The Knowledge of Holy by A.W. Tozer (School)
- The Miscalculation of Lighting Girl by Stacy McAnulty (ARC)
- How hard can it be? by Allison Pearson (ARC)
- The Language of Love by Christie Watson (ARC)
Taking Up Residency:
- I Feel Bad about my Neck – By the author who wrote all of our favorite 90’s rom coms, this as been my ” read before bed book”. A collection of short essays that I have been enjoying about the struggles all women face, like not liking our necks or finding the perfect purse. I love it already!
- All other books right at this moment are school related, so nothing too exciting for this current moment but excited about reading some ARC’s that have come in.
- Text me when you get home by Kayleen Schaefer- I cannot recommend this book enough! I love it!! I re-read this in April and it is such an incredible book about female friendships and how important they have become over the past 20 years. I feel every female should read this and understand the value of having healthy, female relationships.
- Sex, Jesus, and the Conversations the Church Forgot by Mo Isom – This book destroyed me! I know I don’t mention Christian books that often on this blog but this book rocked my world. Not only did it give me a personal freedom with something I have been struggling with, but also was enlightening about a topic that is very much present in society but also swept under the rug so often. It’s only 150 pages but yep, this book is incredible and I am going to buy all my single friends a copy to read (this and Text me when you Get Home)!
- Love and Ruin by Pauls Mclain – Love her, loved this book! Review due out soon!!
- The Miscalcuation of Lighting Girl – I was sent this Middle Grade novel, which was a first since I usually don’t get send books from this age group but it was the sweetest little story to read at night before bed. I loved it!
Be sure to let me know what you are reading or read in April, as well as books you recommend for summer!