I know I said I was going to be away from the blog for a little while, but I am tired of studying. So while surfing the net/watching YouTube, I came across this fun little tag about books! I don’t often see tags dealing with books, so I thought I would be fun to do! So here we go:
1: Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
- In my bed. I usually read before bed, and I have a special mood/reading lighting on my ceiling that is bright enough to see the book but dark enough to relax my body. The comfort of my bed and a good book always helps me to fall asleep.
2: Bookmark or random piece of paper?
- Bookmark, always. I have about 10 of them lying around my house, in various themes and sizes; Audrey Hepburn, Doctor Who, and a small Faith bookmark to just name a few.
3: Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part, etc?
- I usually to stop at the end of a chapter, but I either get interrupted or I fall asleep in the middle of reading so it ends up as a random place in the book. Or often I am so caught up in the book that I don’t stop reading till I am finished aka Harry Potter books. So many all-nighters reading those.
4: Do you eat or drink while reading?
- Yes, I usually will have a cup of tea before bed. It is habit I started in London and I haven’t gotten over it yet…But I don’t drink tea of it’s really hot outside, usually during the summer.
5: Can you read while listening to music/watching TV?
- I can but choose not to. It takes away from the experience of reading.
6: One book at a time or several at once?
- Several at once, guilty. I think I am currently “reading” about 4 to 5 books. I have a few on my Kindle and a few on my bedside table.
7: Reading at home or everywhere?
- I will read on my Kindle when I am out and about or traveling, it’s lighter and easier to carry than a book. But I reserve actual books for when I am at home.
8: Reading out loud or silently in your head?
- Silently in my head. I get nervous when asked to read out loud, which usually ends up with me stuttering and unable to pronounce words.
9: Do you read ahead or skip pages?
- Neither, I may turn to see where the end of the chapter is but that’s as far as I go.
10: Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
- Keeping it new, I don’t usually break the spine. For shame!
11: Do you write in books?
- Only if they are for school/educational purposes (I highlight and write in my school books all the time) otherwise NEVER!!
I tag EVERYONE!! Be sure to do this fun little tag for your YouTube channel or on your blog! Would love to see everyone’s answers. I don’t have a YouTube channel and I am not planning on having one any time in the near future, so if you are looking mine, you are out of luck! No thank you! I’ll stick to the writing/blogging aspect. Hope you enjoyed this little post, I know it is silly but I just needed to get away from my school material for a hot second. Thank you for bearing with me!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Original Source: http://acbookjunkies.blogspot.com/2013/10/book-tag.html originally done on YouTube by BethJune327