So my life is a little crazy right now. I am leaving on a mini vacation to Colorado tomorrow and I am really excited about it! I have never been to Colorado, so if you have tips or suggestion, let me know in the comments! With vacation on the horizon, work is slow but insane at the same time (how? Don’t ask), church is getting busier with our new building/Easter is around the corner, and school has pretty much taken over my life. With all this in mind, I haven’t been finishing books as fast as I would normally. I always read before bed, but lately due to the amount of studying I am doing with my midterm being next week, I have been falling asleep while I read. Usually I will wake when the book randomly hits me in the head, and I have a nice mark on my forehead from the lovely hardback that wacked me in the head the other night to prove it.
Since being on vacation, and my midterm next week I won’t really have time to read or write a blog post next week or maybe the week after. : ( , Sad Panda. Alas, life is getting a little busier than I anticipated but I found a solution! I decided to share with you all my top 20 favorite books and just write this little post to get you through till the next one! Am I the only one who thinks when someone asks “what is your favorite book?” I always struggle to find an answer? Are they asking my favorite book of all time or my favorite book of the moment? It is such a loaded question that I end up forgetting every book I have ever read. Asking me what my favorite book is, would be equivalent to asking me if I prefer sleeping or eating? So when making this list, I struggled a little bit at first but then the memory flooded in as to the sheer amount of books I have read, btw it’s A LOT. My top 10 usually remain the same but they may change position based on my mood or the current season of my life. The list did start off with 5 then grew to 10, then 15 and so on. I kept thinking of other books I wanted and needed to mention, and there are many more that I could mention, but I finally stopped at 20. So, with the best of my abilities I manage to make up a top 20 list for your review. Check out the list for yourself, are any of your favorites in there?
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Fatherland – Robert Harris
- Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
- Outlander – Diana Gabaldon
- Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoevsky
- The Killer Angels – Michael Shaara
- A Crimson Warning – Tasha Alexander
- Gone with the Wind – Margaret Mitchell
- Even Cowgirls Get the Blues – Tom Robbins
- Eugen Onegin – Alexander Pushkin
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green
- Exodus – Uris Leon
- Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
- Macbeth – William Shakespeare
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
- Interview with the Vampire- Anne Rice
- The French Lieutenants Woman – John Fowles
- Winds of War – Herman Wouk
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
What are your favorite books?? Do you only have a select few or are you like me and have too many to count? Be sure to share with me your favorite in a post or in the comments below! Would love to see what books you can’t live without!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!