Happy Friday Everyone!
I received a message the other day from follow blogger Candace, from Contemplations of Candace, that she nominated me for a Liebster Award. Not only was I shocked and overwhelmed by such kindness from her, but was pleasantly surprised by the idea of the Liebster Award. It is an award that goes to bloggers who are still new, up and coming writers, who are being recognized by their follow bloggers. This helps to get us “newbies” a little more recognition in the blogging community. Thank you Candace for the nomination!! She has asked to me answer some questions she has posted on her blog. Be sure to check her out if you can!!
I will answer these to the best of my ability, here we go:
1. What is your favorite book?
Pride & Prejudice. I love that book, not just the story but I love Jane Austen’s writing and her wit that shines through. I have always related myself to Elizabeth, she is my literary hero. She is continually standing up for herself, not allowing others to judge her and her love for her sisters is just mind-blowing. I also love Mr. Darcy and all his brooding, masculine presence and personality. He is just the best! I have read this book so many times that I have lost count. My copy is very beaten up but I do not have the heart to purchase a new copy.
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Oh.. um… Probably a cat. I like my alone time, sleeping, eating, seeing and being around people when I feel like it. I also do love getting my head scratched from time to time. Yeah, I would most likely be a cat.
3. What is your prized possession?
My mother’s pearls. She passed away 11 years ago and last Christmas my father gave them to me. I cried. They are one of the things I loved the most about her and I feel that I am attached to her when I wear them.
4. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
Pizza, hands down. I am obsessed! I love it!
5. If you could jump on a plane right now and go anywhere you wanted to go, where would you go?
London/United Kingdom. It is my second home. I lived there for 3 years and loved it!! I miss it a lot but I am looking forward to going back for a visit in the Autumn. I love everything about it; the food, the culture, the life style, etc. UK all the way!
6. What is you biggest fear?
Obvious ones are Heights and Spiders. A personal fear would be that I will not get to do and accomplish everything that I want to do; like get married, have kids, travel every where that I want to go, have the dream career, write a book, etc.
7. What is/was your favorite subject in school?
History; I love seeing the behind the scenes as to how everything turned out. History is such an important aspect of who we are and that it helps to shape what kind of people or society we are to become. History is the key to understanding our future. You cannot move towards the future if you cannot gain an understanding of the past.
8. What do you like to do for fun?
I love hiking and cooking. I love being outdoors, with the fresh air in your face and enjoying the beautiful scenery. I, also, love to cook but ultimately I just love feeding people. I enjoy having people over to my house and sharing a meal with them, its my way of showing my love and appreciation for them.
9. What do you believe is the best quality a person can have?
Knowing who they are as person and unwilling to change that to please others. It is really refreshing when you see someone who knows who they are, their purpose in life, and watching them pursue their dreams. They have the confidence of saying ” This is who I am, deal with it or get lost.” It is wonderful and refreshing to see.
10. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas; not just for the present giving but I love the atmosphere that surrounds Christmas. The cold nip in the air, the decorations, hot chocolate, gathering of family and friends, ice skating, are all things that I love and the idea that everyone is friendlier, kinder, and in a better mood. I love the activities and the food, Christmas is just the best!
11. If you could change anything about the world, what would you change?
I wish people were kinder. We live in a society where it is all about “me” and what can I do to get ahead, and how many people do I have to stab in the back or step on to do it. In a society where we focus on ourselves, and how many likes or posts or followers we have, it is always nice to look towards others instead. That if we stopped focusing in ourselves and focused on the people around us, and were just nicer in general then the world would be a much better place.
Ok that’s it for the questions! I would like to nominate:
– And anyone else who would love to participate in this! Be sure to share your answers on your blog!
Answer the following questions:
1) Favorite Vacation Spot
2) What is something you do at the end of the day to wind down?
3) What is something you love about yourself?
4) What is a goal you want to achieve in the next 12 months?
5) What made you start your blog? Do you regret doing it?
6) Favorite Book, Movie or Television show( or all three)
7) What is your favorite season?
8) What do you wish you had more time to do?
9) What food cannot you not love without?
10) How would you spend an ideal Sunday?
Thank you again to Candace for nominating me!!! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!